Our Training Approach
Our training approach combines videotaped presentation assignments
(Instant-Replay Coaching) with focused exercises to achieve dramatic results:
- We give a presentation assignment and goals for that assignment.
Assignments include both prepared and extemporaneous speeches.
- Each participant presents the assigned presentation, which
- We replay the video, solicit self-critiques from the
participant, and then present our own critique.
- We work with the participants to set improvement goals for the next
- We repeat the cycle for each assignment.
Development through Focused Exercises
We use focused exercises such as the following to develop specific skills:
- How to convey confidence and credibility through gestures, posture,
voice quality, and eye contact.
- How to reduce the use of “uh” and other non-words.
- How to bring out your “natural voice”, to increase resonance and
- How to clarify enunciation.
- How to create and use effective visuals to support your speech.
- How to conduct an effective question and answer period.
- How to build effective presentation slides, based on streamlined
design and high readability.
Our philosophy throughout the training is based on respect for the
individual. We encourage the speakers to build on strengths and overcome
weaknesses in an enjoyable environment that considers the individual’s feelings
and promotes confidence. The result is that each participant develops a
unique style, combining the principles of good presentations with his/her
personality, talents, and strengths.